TIPS & HINTS
HOME GARDENING TIPS
For hints and tips on growing a vegetable garden or subsistence farming visit the Starke Ayres Garden Centre website - www.starkeayresgc.co.za
Fertiliser Group 1
Registration No. K7985 – ACT 36 of 1947
GROWING ORCHIDS are specially formulated, concentrated fertilizers, blended to suit mineral requirements of the Orchid plant during the growth stage.
Nitrogen [N] - 31%
Phosphorous [P] - 4.9%
Potassium [K] - 9.1%
Plus : Iron, Manganese, Boron, Zinc, Copper and Molybdenum.
USES AND BENEFITS:
GROWING ORCHIDS contain a balanced proportion of nutrients often lacking in the traditional media in which orchids grow, and are water soluble and readily absorbed by the plant.
• will provide the extra nutrients required at root tip appearance and during the active period of growth after winter;
• will stimulate the plant and boost vegetative growth for the new season; and
• will encourage bulb building.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
GROWING ORCHIDS may be applied during normal watering to Cybidiums, Cattleyas and other types of orchids.
• Dissolve ½ to 1 teaspoon of GROWING ORCHIDS in 5 litres of water, stirring well. Any sediment should be ignored.
• Apply every seven to fourteen days.
• Flush thoroughly with plain water at least once a month to leach out any accumulated nutrients.
Contact the Starke Ayres Call Centre on 0860 782 753